The European Blockchain Services Infrastructure – Nodes Expansion (EBSI-NE) project is a collaborative initiative between 24 organisations from 14 European countries, all renowned for their expertise in Distributed Ledger Technologies and previous EBSI initiatives.
The consortium aims to develop and adopt the EBSI network at the European level by increasing the number of validator nodes in the production network and providing support for all relevant EBSI stakeholders.
The consortium’s work will be carried out for two years and will deploy 18 EBSI nodes into the production phase.
- Development and adoption of the EBSI network
- Development and adoption of the EBSI network at the European level by increasing the number of validator nodes in the production network and the provision of support services for all relevant EBSI stakeholders.
- Network improvement
- Support services that node operators will provide in order to ensure and improve the performance, resilience and robustness of the network.
- Consecution of Digital Europe’s program objectives and specific European blockchain strategy
- Extending the pan-European public services blockchain network.
- Development of blockchain skills development.
- Increase in interactions between the public sector, private sector, and academia.
Smart Innovation Norway's role
Support in the execution of different support services (such as technical help-desk service and technical training), assessment of improvements in the EBSI-NE network, as well in communication and dissemination activities.