European and Indian local energy communities for renewable integration and the energy transition.
IElectrix is a response to the Horizon 2020 Call for proposals LC-SC3-ES-3-2018-2020 of the European Commission: “Integrated local energy systems (Energy islands)”. This call addresses the challenge of a single and smart European electricity grid in integrating renewable energy sources. This call promotes the enabler role of the Distribution system operators to connect Local Energy Communities to the network.
The project’s ambitions include:
- Increasing RES integration into the network
- Connecting Local Energy Communities to MV & LV networks
- Building flexible and smart micro-grids
- Increaseing grid resilience and thereby security of supply
- Improving consumers’ involvement (prosumers)
Developing innovative and sustainable technical solutions and business models